Chocolate Covered Dates (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free)
If you are like me, then you are always in the mood for something sweet, especially around 3pm in the afternoon 😉
I made these chocolate covered dates on a whim because I was craving something nutty, chocolatey, and sweet, and boom. These hit the spot so good, and they legit taste like I’m eating a snickers bar, without all the additives, preservatives, etc
Medjool dates are naturally sweet, and they have a caramel-like texture on the inside which makes them so satisfying. These dates have many health benefits, such as they are high in fibre, potassium which give me that much needed boost of energy in the afternoon. My kids love them and they also love getting their little fingers dirty in helping me make these as part of our Sunday meal prep!
Check out the recipe below!
- 10-12 Medjool dates, pitted and halved
- ¼ cup nut butter (I used crunchy peanut)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- After the dates have been pitted and halved, fill the centre with nut butter and set aside
- In a double boiler (or microwave) melt the chocolate chips with the coconut oil
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper
- Dip each date into the chocolate mixture and place on the baking sheet
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer until the chocolate has set