Keto Zucchini Loaf (Grain, Gluten, and Dairy Free)
My mother in law has a huge garden, and she gave me a ton of zucchini!
As much as I love this vegetable — be it roasted, grilled, or sautéed — I wanted to make a healthier version of a zucchini loaf as it is one of my favourite baked goodies, next to banana bread!
Zucchini loaf is a great snack or breakfast because it is super moist and not super sweet. This loaf of goodness is keto friendly and the bonus: it’s also grain, gluten, and dairy free making it easy on the gut for my fellow IBD warriors!
I enjoyed a slice of this loaf as an afternoon snack, but it’s also super tasty slathered in nut butter or ghee…so so good!
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Almond flour
- 2 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Coconut flour
- 1 ½ cups zucchini, grated
- ¼ cup Chosen Foods avocado oil (coconut oil also works)
- 1/3 cup Sweet Natural Trading Company Natural Birch Xylitol Sweetener (you can use Monkfruit or any other keto friendly granulated sweetener)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp Bob’s Red Mill baking soda
- 1 tsp Simply Organic Foods Ceylon Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Simply Organic Foods nutmeg
- ½ tsp Simply Organic Foods ginger
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup homemade cashew milk (or any nut milk) – click the link for my recipe !
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Grease a 5×8 loaf pan
- Add your dry ingredients to a bowl, mix to combine
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, zucchini, and oil. Mix to combine
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix to incorporate
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes (until a knife comes out clean)
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan and slicing