Paleo Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
So….this is probably the best banana bread I have made….or eaten. This loaf is dense, moist, and has the most perfect crumb. And, the fact that it is gluten, grain, and dairy free, makes it me love it even more!
Banana bread is my favourite treat to make when I have overripe bananas. And when I was testing this recipe, I wanted to get a flakier crumb, so I used equal parts almond and coconut flour and it worked like a charm!
This banana bread recipe is completely sugar free. The overripe bananas are so sweet, you truly don’t need any sweetener..but if you feel like you still need the sweetness kicked up a notch, you could add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to your wet ingredients.
I used tahini in this recipe because that’s what I had on hand, but any nut/seed butter will work well here. I do find that when I use tahini in my baked goods, it gives a peanut-y flavour, which worked perfectly in this recipe as banana/peanut butter is a classic flavour combo!
One of the best parts about this recipe is that you can make it in one bowl…I literally tested this recipe as my son was napping….total mom win!
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup Nutiva coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tsp Simply Organic Foods vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill coconut flour
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill almond flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼-½ tsp Simply Organic Foods Ceylon Cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chunks (I used Enjoy Life as they are allergen friendly)
- Preheat your oven to 350 and grease your loaf pan
- In a mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients (coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon). Mix to incorporate, and add your chocolate chips
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients (bananas, eggs, coconut oil, tahini, vanilla extract). Mix gently until a batter forms.
- Pour your batter into the loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes