Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free, Vegan)
I just love fall baking, and if this recipe doesn’t scream Fall….I don’t know what does! Maple, pecan, pumpkin, warm spices…YES PLEASE! The aromas that come out of your kitchen from baking these muffins will bring on all the Fall feelings…even though it’s not fall just yet!
These muffins have the perfect texture and crumb, and the sweet and salty topping is super easy to make. This recipe is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free..shout out to my fellow spoonies! One big bonus? My kids love them. This just makes my day. As school is starting up soon, these muffins make for the perfect after school snack that you can feel good about giving your kids.
Check out the recipe below and get our PUMPKIN on!
For the muffins:
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour (I made my own using Bob’s Red Mill GF rolled oats)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- Pinch of salt (I used Redmond Life)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 egg (can sub a flax egg to make this recipe vegan)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted (I used Nutiva)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla
For the Topping:
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line/grease your muffin tin (I used silicone muffin liners)
- In a medium sized bowl add the egg, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla. Mix to combine and set aside
- In another bowl, add the oat flour, almond flour, spices (if you don’t have all of the spices, you can sub 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice), baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine and add your chopped pecans
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour your wet ingredients in. Using a spatula, fold in the wet to dry until you get a batter, and set aside
- Make your topping by adding all ingredients to a small bowl and give it a mix
- Scoop your batter into your muffin tin. Top each muffin with some of the topping and press it down into each muffin just a little
- Place your muffins in the oven and bake about 20-25 mins (Mine took 20), let cool and dig in!