Gut Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hello Friends! So…I’ve been recipe testing to make a chocolate chip cookie that is not only gluten, grain, and refined sugar free but gut-healthy…and well I think we’ve got a winner!
What makes them gut-healthy? I added my favourite, go-to, gut-healthy supplement: @vitalproteins collagen peptides.
These soft, chewy, decadent cookies are gluten, grain, and refined sugar free…and are super simple to make.
Check out the recipe below!
1 cup @bobsredmill almond flour
1 cup tahini
1/2 cup organic maple syrup
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup @enjoylifefoods semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 scoop @vitalproteins collagen peptides
sea salt for sprinkling
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the almond flour, tahini, maple syrup, collagen peptides, and chocolate chips! The dough should be pretty thick. If your dough is not thick, add a little more almond flour.
- Mix to ensure everything is incorporated and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat your oven to 350.
- Once 30 minutes has passed, take your dough out of the refrigerator, and add the egg and baking soda. Mix together until fully incorporated
- Take heaping tablespoon of cookie dough and place it on your lined cookie sheet. Depending on the size of your cookies, you will get 10-12.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt
*Allow the cookies to cool completely before eating.
*Be sure not to over bake them. You want your cookies to be crispy around the edges but still soft and chewy on the inside.