Grain Free Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
If you’re looking for something easy, nutritious, and delicious to bake up with your kids – look no further! Grain Free Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins to the rescue!
Since I’ve had children, I have always tried my best to instill and develop healthy eating habits with my children that they can carry with them for life. This is why I love recipe testing with my kids. It’s a great way to spend quality time together and for them to pique their curiosity in the kitchen. It’s also an opportunity to teach them about nutrition and provide them with a feeling of accomplishment. Bonus: Kids are always excited to eat the foods they prepare; therefore, showing them that making treats with real, wholesome, nutritious ingredients is not only healthy, but super tasty!
These muffins are packed with flavour and free of gluten, grains, refined sugar and dairy, making them perfect for those of us with intolerances. They are also light and fluffy and make the perfect mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. Seriously, I wish I was eating one right now LOL.
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup peanut butter (any nut butter will work just fine!)
⅓ cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips (I use the @enjoylifefoods brand as they are dairy, nut, and soy free)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 12-muffin tin with paper liners.
- In your @vitamix , combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and peanut butter to make a batter.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips to the to the dry ingredients and stir to distribute evenly.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins. Top/sprinkle each muffin with 3-4 chocolate chips
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for about 10-15 minutes.
Enjoy and happy baking!