Grain Free Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins
Hello Friends! One of my favourite things to do is create recipes that taste decadent and indulgent, but are healthy for you…and this muffin recipe is just that. You could easily eat these muffins as part of a healthy breakfast or as a mid-afternoon sweet treat. These muffins are made with coconut flour, almond flour and sweetened with honey for a grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free muffin recipe that is easy on your digestive system.
My go-to grain free flour combo is almond and coconut because I find that it gives muffins/loaves a great texture and crumb.
These muffins are fudgy, but at the same time are light enough that you don’t feel bloated after enjoying one…or maybe two …wink wink. They are also super easy to make… the batter was ready to go before my oven finished preheating!
Check out the recipe below
- 2 medium super ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Foods vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Nutiva coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill almond flour
- 3 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Foods semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners (I used silicone muffin liners)
- In your Vitamix or high speed blender add the bananas, honey, vanilla, and eggs. Blend until incorporated
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt
- Stir the chocolate chips
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a batter comes together
- Spoon the batter into the muffin liners
- Bake for 20-25 minutes