Watermelon, Fennel & Mint Salad
Summer is my favourite season for creating fruit and veggie salads that are not only flavourful, but super refreshing.
This salad contains a few of my favourites: Watermelon, Fennel, and Mint
The dressing is tangy and sweet but doesn’t compete with the sweetness of the fresh watermelon. And the mint gives this salad the perfect amount of earthy freshness to balance the whole dish out. Mint and fennel are also great for digestion, which is great for my IBD warriors!
Check out the recipe and let me know what you think!
- 2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
For the Dressing
- ¼ small red onion, finely chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons of mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kozlik’s Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Place watermelon and fennel into a large salad bowl
- Add all dressing ingredients to your Vitamix or high-speed blender and blend until smooth
- Pour the dressing over the watermelon and fennel and mix until the salad is evenly dressed
- Garnish with additional mint leaves/lemon slices if desired