Sweet and Spicy Garlic Noodles (Gluten and Grain Free)
You guys will love these sticky garlic noodles. I use Nupasta noodles which are made from the root of the konjac plant; therefore, they contain no starch.
Konjac noodles high in dietary fibre, and are a great low carb, low calorie, grain and gluten free substitute for pasta or rice noodles. I do find that they have a distinct taste but seasoning them well and abundantly makes them super delicious!
These noodles taste delicious hot or cold and there’s minimal prep work involved making them a win in my kitchen. They’re one of my favourite dishes to make when I’m craving Asian noodles …and the whole package is a measly 25 calories….score!
You can enjoy these noodles on their own or as a side dish to your favourite protein. Sometimes I top mine with toasted sesame seeds or slivered almonds for added texture.
- 1 package Nupasta noodles
- ¼ cup Coconut Aminos
- Red chili flakes to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and place in a bowl
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut aminos, red chili flakes, sesame oil, garlic, and sugar
- Heat on the stove for 3 minutes
- Transfer the noodles to a saute pan
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and stir to coat
- Top with green onions, stir again to incorporate…and you’re done!