No Bake Protein Energy Balls (Gluten and Dairy Free)
I love snacks. Like loooooooove them…and my kids do too (apple and the tree haha)
As a mom, it’s hard to find snacks that:
- aren’t loaded with sugar
- have a balance of protein, carbs, and fats
- are healthy and satisfying
All the above were the inspo behind this recipe.
These No-Bake Protein Energy Balls are so simple and can easily be whipped up in a few minutes. They are made with all-natural ingredients – rolled oats, nut butter, pure maple syrup, protein powder, dark chocolate chips, and coconut.
Protein powder can be hard to digest for some, but I have found that I tolerate the Vegan Shakeology protein powder very well. If you cannot tolerate protein powder of any kind, you can leave it out and your energy balls will taste just as good!
Energy balls are so versatile. They make the perfect snack or on the go breakfast.
You can sub the peanut butter for any other nut/seed butter, honey in place of the maple syrup, and raisins/dried cranberries for the chocolate chips. The possibilities are truly endless!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 ½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 package Vegan Vanilla Shakeology
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2-4 tbsp liquid (water, nut milk, milk)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup Lily’s Chocolate Chips
- Add oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, coconut and protein powder to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine
- Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and liquid. Mix together until fully incorporated
- Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes
- Roll into balls
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week