Hello Everyone! You know I’m a fan of quick and easy dinners that don’t skimp on flavour, and this recipe is one of my favourites. It’s versatile in terms of the type of meat, and it’s gluten and grain free. I used veal in this recipe but you could totally substitute chicken, turkey, or even pork cutlets, the choice is yours!
I make these bundles of goodness using mozzarella and Prosciutto di Parma. Personally, I feel that Prosciutto di Parma is more flavourful, but you could use any type you like. Don’t care for prosciutto? Turkey , ham, or any sliced deli meat would work…bonus if they are nitrate/nitrite free!
Psst it’s keto friendly too!
Check out the recipe below!
8 veal cutlets
8 slices of Prosciutto di Parma
175g mozzarella, sliced
1 tablespoon grass fed butter
Salt to taste
- Season your cutlets on both sides with salt (You don’t have to use too much salt as the prosciutto is salty
- Place one piece of prosciutto on each cutlet
- Top the prosciutto with sliced mozzarella cheese
- Heat your butter in a saute pan over medium heat
- Roll the cutlets and place them seam side down in the pan
- Cook for 2-3 minutes as to create a good sear which will seal the cutlet roll closed
- Flip each roll over and brown on the other side
You can cover your sauté pan to create a little steam to ensure the cutlets are cooked through
And you’re done! Cheese might ooze out of the sides and into the pan but it’s all good…just scoop it up and drizzle it over your rolls if you like …yum!