Stuffed Pork Cutlets (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Keto)
Hello Everyone! You know I’m a fan of quick and easy dinners that don’t skimp on flavour, and this recipe is one of my favourites. It’s versatile in terms of the type of meat, and it’s gluten and grain free. I used pork in this recipe but you could totally substitute chicken, turkey, or veal cutlets, the choice is yours!
This recipe is much like my Veal Saltimbocca recipe; however, I omitted the prosciutto. I opted for a goat’s milk mozzarella which gave this dish so much flavour. I love goat’s milk based cheeses as I find that I digest them well and I love the tangy flavour. You can use any cheese you have on hand, it will work perfectly.
Check out the recipe below!
- 8 pork cutlets
- 175g goat’s milk mozzarella, slice
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance spread
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- Season your cutlets on both sides with salt, garlic salt, and onion powder
- Place 1-2 slices of goat’s milk mozzarella in each cutlet
- Heat your olive oil and Earth Balance spread in a saute pan over medium heat
- Roll the cutlets, secure with toothpicks, and place them seam side down in the pan
- Cook for 2-3 minutes as to create a good sear which will help seal the cutlet roll closed
- Flip each roll over and brown on the other side
- Deglaze with chicken broth and cover your sauté pan to create a little steam to ensure the cutlets are cooked through
- And you’re done! Cheese might ooze out of the sides and into the pan but it’s all good…just scoop it up and drizzle it over your rolls if you like …yum!