SCD Legal Chicken Wings
Hello Friends! So the other night I made the best chicken wings my family ever had! My kids are not ones for sauces but I really wanted to use my new Wellbee’s Bbq sauce. The barbeque sauce is so so yummy and it’s also SCD legal which makes it perfect for my fellow IBD warriors! This super simple recipe is a definite crowd pleaser
- 2-3 lbs chicken wings (I used Yorkshire Valley)
- 1 tsp each onion powder, garlic powder, and sea salt (I used Simply Organic)
- 3/4-1 cup Wellbee’s Bbq sauce
- Pat your chicken wings dry with paper towels. Lay your chicken wings on a rack and allow out to air dry for 30-45 min. (This step is really important in making your chicken wings nice and crispy because the drier they are, the crispier they will be!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Season your chicken wings with the garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt. (You can change up the seasonings to you liking. For example, if you like spice, add some chipotle or chili powder.
- Bake the chicken wings in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- After 30 minutes, check to make sure they aren’t pink inside. If they are, let them bake another few minutes until no longer pink.
- When your chicken wings are done, take them out of the oven and adjust the oven temperature to 450.
- Put the chicken wings in a bowl and cover in barbeque sauce.
- Place the chicken wings back in the pan in one even layer and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
That’s it! These wings are so messy, delicious, and gut healthy! Everyone will love them!