Garlic Shrimp and Scallop Pasta (Grain, Gluten, and Dairy Free)
Being Italian, at least 2 meals a week were some sort of pasta dish. As much as I love pasta, my tummy can’t always handle a heaping bowl of gluten-laden spaghetti…and I’m not a die hard fan of rice pasta.
I have found a true love for Nupasta konjac noodles. These noodles are made from the root of the konjac plant; therefore, they contain no starch.
Konjac noodles high in dietary fibre, and are a great low carb, low calorie, grain and gluten free substitute for pasta or rice noodles. I do find that they have a distinct taste but seasoning them well and abundantly makes them super delicious!
These noodles taste delicious hot or cold and there’s minimal prep work involved making them a win in my kitchen.…and the whole package is a measly 25 calories….score!
Here I added shrimp and scallops sautéed in lots of garlic and lemon…yum! These noodles are so versatile, you can add just about anything to them and they taste great!
- 1 package Nupasta konjac noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ lb fresh or frozen shrimp (peeled, deveined, and tails removed)
- ¼ lb fresh or frozen scallops
- Sea salt to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried parsley
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat
- Once the olive oil is glistening, add the minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and herbs
- Once the garlic is fragrant, add your shrimp and scallops. Season with salt
- As the fish is cooking, drain and rinse the Nupasta noodles
- Once the fish is cooked, add the lemon juice, followed by the noodles
- Stir well so that the noodles are coated in the sauce. Allow the noodles to soak up the sauce for about 5 minutes before serving