Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos (Gluten Free)
Tacos are always a favourite in our house, the whole family loves them! I like using the Instant Pot for our taco nights because it cooks the meat perfectly with no hassle giving me time to get the rest of the taco toppings and sides ready.
I use a super simple method to flavour the chicken that involves absolutely no chopping of veggies! I use a jar of salsa along with some chicken broth …see I told you it was easy!
Leftovers are also great for lunches so this recipe is awesome as part of meal prep too. I use this recipe in a variety of ways: my son likes to eat this in a traditional taco style wrap, quesadillas for my daughter, and taco bowls for my husband and I. Toppings can be whatever your heart desires, so it’s hard to get tired of this recipe..it’s just so versatile!
Check out the recipe below, I know you’re going to love it!
- 4 organic chicken breasts, halved
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Redmond Fine Salt
- 1 jar salsa (I used Neal Brothers)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- In a large bowl, add the chicken breast and season with the spices
- Rub the chicken so that the pieces are evenly coated and place in your refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to overnight
- Using your Instant Pot, set to the Saute setting and add the avocado oil
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken in batches and sear on all sides
- Once all of the chicken is seared, use ¼ cup of chicken broth to deglaze the instant pot (be sure to scrap up all those bits of goodness for added flavour 😉
- Turn off your Instant Pot and add the chicken back to the pot. Add the salsa and remaining chicken broth
- Close the Instant Pot and adjust the valve to the sealing position.
- Set your Instant Pot to: Manual, High Pressure, 20 minutes
- Once the time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then do a quick release of the pressure
- Transfer the chicken to a bowl and shred with a fork (it will literally fall part)
- Add as much of the cooking liquid as desired to keep the chicken moist and flavourful