Instant Pot Creamy Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup (Gluten and Dairy Free)
This soup is the ultimate comfort food. Made with a rich roux, this soup is creamy without having the heaviness of dairy..making it easy on the gut too!
It is the perfect meal to enjoy during busy weekdays, colder weather, or even holidays. I love it because it is very hearty, so it be easily be enjoyed as a main dish. Simply pair it with some greens for a complete meal.
The choice of mushrooms is truly up to you – I used cremini, but you can use a combination of fresh and/or dried mushrooms which will add to the depth of flavour in this soup.
This dish can be easily frozen. I make a big batch of this soup and freeze it for those busy weeknight evenings, or whenever I feel like something warm and cozy!
Check out the recipe below, you won’t be disappointed!
For the Instant Pot:
- 8oz of cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup Lundberg Gluten Free Rice, Wild Blend
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- Sea Salt to taste
For the Stove Top:
- 6 tbsp Coconut oil
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- ¾ cup cashew milk (any dairy free milk will work)
- Place all Instant Pot ingredients in to the Instant Pot
- Close the lid and turn the valve to sealing
- Set the Instant Pot for High Pressure, Manual, 40 minutes
- Once the soup is done, heat the coconut oil on the stove top until melted
- Add the flour and whisk until it is no longer lumpy
- Gradually add the cashew milk and whisk until it is a creamy, smooth mixture
- Add the roux to the soup and stir until combined