Vegan Chocolate Almond Bars
Chocolate almonds are part of my fondest childhood memories and also my favourite sweet treats as an adult!
I remember selling them for school fundraisers and my dad always hiding a box or two so he didn’t have to share! And now I always have some in my pantry for when I’d want a treat…but they are super high in sugar, which is a no go for me and my digestive system. I wanted to create something with that chocolate almond flavour sans all that sugar, and other ingredients I can’t pronounce. And so I created these vegan chocolate almond bars. They are no-bake and are legit so super rich, fudgy, and decadent my sweet tooth is totally satisfied. Check out this recipe that has less than 10 ingredients but packs such chocolate almond flavour, you won’t miss the candy!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup @bobsredmill almond flour
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup (I used @longosmarkets )
- 1 cup @enjoylifefoods chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon @nutiva coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon @simplyorganicfoods vanilla extract
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper (I use a little cooking spray so that the paper sticks to the baking dish)
- In a medium sized bowl add the almond butter, almond flour, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix to combine until it forms a cookie dough-like consistency
- Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and mix until the chocolate chips are well incorporated
- Press the mixture evenly into your baking dish
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil on the stove or in your microwave (if using the microwave, be sure to melt in 30 second intervals so that the chocolate doesn’t burn)
- Pour the melted chocolate over the almond butter mixture. Sprinkle with sea salt if using
- Put the dish in the freezer for about 1.5 hours (or until frozen). Slice into bars and eat!