Gut Healthy Cashew Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten, Grain, & Dairy Free)
Hello Friends! So…cookies are my weakness and creating a cookie that is not only gluten, grain, and dairy free is totally my jam!
What makes these cookies gut-healthy? I added my favourite, go-to, gut-healthy supplement: @vitalproteins collagen peptides.
These soft, chewy, decadent cookies are gluten, grain, and dairy free and they are super simple to make. I added sweet and salty pecans which are a total game changer!
Check out the recipe below!
Ingredients (For the Cookies)
- 1 cup @bobsredmill almond flour
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup @enjoylifefoods semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 scoop @vitalproteins collagen peptides
Ingredients (For the Sweet and Salty Pecans)
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Natural Trading Company Birch Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Redmond Real Salt
Directions (For the Sweet and Salty Pecans)
- In a skillet, heat a tablespoon of avocado oil
- Add the pecans, 2 tablespoons of Natural Birch Sweetener, and a pinch of Redmond salt.
- Toast until aromatic (be careful not to over cook or the pecans will taste bitter)
Directions (For the Cookies)
- Prepare pecans according to directions above.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the almond flour, cashew butter, maple syrup, collagen peptides, pecans, and chocolate chips. The dough should be pretty thick. If your dough is not thick, add a little more almond flour.
- Mix to ensure everything is incorporated and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat your oven to 350.
- Once 15 minutes has passed, take your dough out of the refrigerator, and add the egg and baking soda. Mix together until fully incorporated, and refrigerate again for 10 minutes.
- Take heaping tablespoon of cookie dough, roll into a ball, and place it on your lined cookie sheet. Depending on the size of your cookies, you will get 10-12.
- Place a piece of parchment over the cookie dough balls and press gently to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
*Allow the cookies to cool completely before eating.
*Be sure not to over bake them. You want your cookies to be crispy around the edges but still soft and chewy on the inside.