Chewy Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten, Grain, & Dairy Free)
These cookies are so chewy, fudgy, and delicious, they will quickly become a fan favourite. I swear pumpkin + chocolate are a dream combo!
They are just the perfect amount of savoury and sweet, and the pop of chocolate chips makes them oh so decadent.
For my kids, it’s find a sweet treat that isn’t super high in sugar. What I love about these cookies is that they are made from wholesome ingredients so I don’t hesitate letting them have one or two as an afternoon treat.
And for all of you with delicate tummies, these cookies are deliciously gluten, grain, and dairy free as well as Paleo compliant.
- 2 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsps Simply Organic Foods Vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Foods mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In one bowl mix together the egg, pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, almond butter, and vanilla until combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- In another bowl mix together the almond flour, spices, and baking soda
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in thirds, mixing after each third until a cookie dough is formed
- Place the dough in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to firm up as it is quite soft
- Once the dough has chilled, roll into balls, and place on the baking sheet (you should get about 20-24 depending on how big you make them)
- Because these cookies are gluten/grain free, you need to press them down gently before baking them as they won’t flatten on their own. Simply take a sheet of parchment and place over the rolled dough and press each ball down gently
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let cool completely