Lemon Ricotta Pancakes (Gluten Free)
Almost one year ago, my husband and I celebrated 20 years together! We always celebrate our dating anniversary in some small way, but for this milestone we decided to go for a fancy breakfast at Café Boulud.
The breakfast and ambience was nothing short of magical. My husband ordered these super moist and fluffy lemon ricotta pancakes. I wanted to recreate this recipe at home because we can’t visit Café Boulud right now .. #quarantinelife
These pancakes use a few simple ingredients, lemon juice, vanilla, and of course the ricotta. The ricotta helps make them moist and melt in your mouth delicious. You can sub cottage cheese here or a dairy free ricotta if you wish.
Some add-ins to this recipe to add a burst of flavor:
Here’s what you need to make them..
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Flour (can sub all purpose if you wish)
- ½ cup ricotta cheese (I used Tre Stelle Extra Smooth)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1-2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk (I used Silk Almond Unsweetened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil/butter for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of your dry ingredients (except the coconut sugar) and mix to combine
- In a separate bowl, add your eggs, coconut sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, milk, vanilla, and ricotta. Mix together until everything is well incorporated
- Take one cup of the dry ingredients and fold into the wet ingredients gently. Do not over mix. Repeat this step until all of your dry ingredients are combined with the wet ingredients
- Add coconut oil/butter to a pan and heat over medium heat.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, ladle your pancake mixture into the pan (The mixture will be thick)
- Once your pancake sets up, flip your pancake to cook the other side
- Repeat until your mixture is done