Gluten Free Sweet Potato Bacon Muffins
Did someone say bacon? These Sweet Potato Bacon Muffins are a true treat for anyone who loves sweet and savoury. These gems are made with hearty oat flour and healthy sweet potato…the best part? Those tiny bites of smoky bacon …because everything is better with bacon, right? Check out the recipe below…you might even want to double up on this recipe because they are just that good!
2 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour (I made my own by blending @bobsredmill GF rolled oats)
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten free rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 large sweet potato, roasted and mashed (1 1/2 cups total)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon (from 3 to 5 slices depending on thickness)
Coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. In a large bowl, whisk together sweet potato, buttermilk and eggs.
- Stir flour mixture into sweet potato mixture with bacon until just until combined.
- Grease a standard 12-cup muffin pan with coconut oil. Spoon batter into the pan, filling each cup almost full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.
Enjoy and happy snacking!